Spirit Week & Spirit Assembly

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spirit Week & Spirit Assembly

By Shaylin Cunningham, Laile Meraz, and Maddy McCullough

The Reeces compete in a game

Spirit week began with Musical Monday, which was not a smashing hit or a one hit wonder. Not a lot of people dressed up, but it was nice and the people who did were rocking it. Totally Tubular Tuesday was snazzy, and people could not wait to get their groove on. The 80’s called, and they said they want their clothes back. Western Wednesday was like a rodeo, y’all. The setting was Southern, and cowboy hats flew across rooms. Lastly, Famous Friday was a bust. This spirit week was a 3 out of 5, in my opinion. Hopefully, we can do a lot better next time, because student government works very hard to make spirit week special. 

The first assembly of the new school year was also held on Thursday, Aug. 22 . Each class came together to show their school spirit! The freshman wore red, sophomores wore gray, juniors wore white, and seniors wore black. During the assembly, the student government leaders were introduced with senior Annick Ambrose as our president and junior Dominic Romero as our vice president! The assembly was a blast, we got to learn about PIE, play games, and do our annual freshman tunnel. 

The annual Freshman Tunnel

The tunnel was super fun and the freshmen loved it as they always do. The new students of other grade levels also got to participate in going through the tunnel. This assembly was a great start to the year, and it ended off with the freshmen winning the spirit stick! They showed their school spirit with the greatest amount of noise made as well as the awesome spirit shown by wearing their class color. This assembly sure was one to remember going into this new school year!