Walkathon for CFF

Back to Article
Back to Article

Walkathon for CFF

Libby Thoma, Editor

by Libby Thoma

An all school walkathon ran from 11:35 to 12:15 on Friday, November 8th. This was a fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF). The CFF is a non-profit organization that strives to establish cures and treatments for cystic fibrosis. This disease is incredibly deadly and has touched many people, including people in our community. Cystic fibrosis affects the cells that produce mucus, sweat, and digestive juices. These fluids become thick and sticky within the body which causes tubes and ducts to get clogged up. There are many complications including, coughing, lung infections, and more.

This is why, as a community, we decided to try to raise money for this organization. Nex+Gen hopes to raise $3,500 by the end of November. It is also said that along with raising money, it was made to raise awareness, to engage in something bigger as a community, and for community involvement in the Cell Detectives project in the freshmen I-Bio class. Now, even if you weren’t there for the walkathon, or you want to donate more, donate to this link; https://passion.cff.org/nexgen-cff-walkathon-2019. As of November 13th, Nex Gen has raised $915. If you would prefer not to donate online, you may bring a check or cash to sophomore World Studies teacher Mr. Sisneros in room 103. There are also many things you can do if you can’t or don’t want to donate money. Share what you have learned about Cystic Fibrosis, using social media to spread awareness. Share the link for donations, asking family and friends to donate. There is much you can do to help support CFF and those with CF, make sure to do everything you can!