The Griffin Times

Upcoming P.I.E. Events

Back to Article
Back to Article

Upcoming P.I.E. Events

Dear Nex+Gen parents,

PIE (Partners in Education) is Nex+Gen’s community group in which we work together, parents, students, facilitators, and alumni, for the benefit of our school.  Stay tuned to The Griffin Times as well as our website (PIE page still under construction, give me a little time to get it up and running) for a live calendar of events.  Otherwise, we e-mail every couple of weeks to keep you abreast of upcoming volunteer and involvement opportunities. Here’s what’s coming up:

• North Parking Lot Clean-up #1: Tuesday, September 25th at 7:30 am (NOTE THE CHANGE IN DATE FROM WEDNESDAY TO TUESDAY)- we will work with Mr. Smo’s Team and Individual Sports Elective students and other electives to pick up trash and pull weeds in the North Parking Lot.  We would appreciate your help! Just meet us in the North Parking Lot at 730 am that day!

• Homecoming Dance September 29th:  A Treasured Night, 8 pm to 11 pm here at Nex+Gen.  Please e-mail Fletcher Wallace-Hente ([email protected]academy.com) if you can volunteer.  We still need a few chaperones.

• Griffin Reader Leaders: – On Mondays during advisory, PIE volunteers take Nex+Gen students to Governor Bent Elementary School to read to them during lunch.  We need your help! If you’d like to volunteer for this important project, please e-mail Ms. McCloskey-Romero and attend the October 2nd PIE meeting to get trained to help with this program.  Thanks so much to those who’ve already let me know that they can help – we’ll be getting in touch with you!

• PIE meeting: Tuesday, October 2nd at 6:00 pm:  our focus will be a Griffin Reader Leaders training by  Mary Bretting-Miller. Parents, students, and facilitators attend each PIE meeting as we all work together to learn about our school and foster our initiatives.  Come meet new parents and learn more about our school!

• PIE College and Career Readiness Night – Tuesday, October 9th at 6 pm: We invite  sophomore and junior parents especially to come to this presentation by our counselor Mrs. Rosanne Villareal.  She will share some of the resources that she’s included on our Nex+Gen website and will be answering questions from parents and students.

Those are the PIE events coming up between now and Fall Break.  We hope to see you at any or all of them! As always, contact Kelly McCloskey-Romero, Nex+Gen parent and PIE coordinator ([email protected]academy.com) if you have any questions.

Kelly McCloskey-Romero, NBCT

French, Spanish, and ESL facilitator