Parent Nights at nex+Gen

Back to Article
Back to Article

Parent Nights at nex+Gen

P.I.E. Coordinator and nex+Gen Faciltator Kelly McCloskey-Romero with Rebecca Bejcek, parent and P.I.E. member.

In September, we hosted Parent Nights for the classes of 2022, 2021, and 2020.  At these Open Houses, parents had the chance to learn about what their students are learning and the unique features of our Project-Based Learning Environment.

Mr. Lynch welcomed everyone and emphasized the fact that Nex+Gen offers a college preparatory program.  We have high expectations for our students. He also gave some tips about how to manage one of our most valuable but potentially most distracting tools – the laptop.

Our PIE group was presented by representatives of its members – parents like Carolyn Tobias:

And Rebecca Bejcek, who gave a touching testimonial about how good Nex+Gen has been for both her sons Thomas (class of 2016) and Justin (senior – class of 2019).  She told the parents, “You have chosen a wonderful school for your child.”

Nex+Gen Student Government Community Liaison Fletcher Wallace-Hente emphasized how PIE and the student body work together, and he as well as senators Nick Miller and Dominic Romero promoted PIE throughout the evening.

Fletcher in pirate garb to promote Homecoming coming up Saturday, September 29th!

Ms. DiChiara, our mentorship coordinator, gave important information about Mentorship for the sophomore and junior parents.